Terms and Conditions
Makers of Dance Energy (MODE) Terms & Conditions
- Each child is entitled to two trial sessions, payable weekly at a Makers of Dance Energy School of their choice.
- MODE must have sufficient contact, identification and health details to assume responsibility for the child during the class.
Joining Makers Of Dance Energy
1.Classes are purchased in a minimum block of 10 weeks. The classes will generally run consecutively and on occasions run over school half term holidays. If a child starts part way through a term, part payment will be calculated for you.
- Once you have taken your trials, fees are then payable in full by cash/ Bacs or Go Cardless.
- Classes are divided by age, but these are guidelines and students can be moved class or placed by ability.
- The full cost of the term must be paid within the 1st two weeks.
- Written bills will be sent by week 4, if no payment is received after the bill has been sent, a £5 late fee will be added. We reserve the right to suspend your child’s classes until payment has been received.
- All deposits for any activity, costume or show are non refundable.
Discounts and Refunds
- Sibling discounts only apply to the younger child and cannot be applied to multiple classes.
- We regret that classes missed for whatever reason will not be refundable under any circumstances, however top up classes are available, you can pick up your missed class in any other mode school. Please notify the office if you intend to come to another class. In extenuating circumstances refunds are up to the director’s discretion.
- Refunds will be issued in cheque form and will be issued within 28 days of notification and no refunds will be issued retrospectively.
Leaving, waiting lists and transfers
- If a child wishes to leave Makers of Dance Energy the office must be notified in writing before the term starts or we have the right to actively seek 1 month’s payment.
- If a child leaves Makers of Dance Energy and subsequently wishes to return, they may do so subject to a place being available.
- If you would like to transfer to another school, please notify the office and all fees will be transferred. Subject to availability.
- If your child is on a waiting list, this does not guarantee a place in a particular session.
- We accept no responsibility and make no guarantees to the order in which places are offered.
- Places will be offered in the following order: a. Children who need to move up a class b. Transfers c. New students on the waiting list
Merchandise / costumes
- All merchandise must be paid for at the time of purchase.
- All costume contributions must be paid for at the beginning of the show term and are non refundable.
- Faulty merchandise will be replaced or refunded if returned within 14 days.
- All teachers are fully qualified, CRB checked and insured and are fully aware of our child protection policy (available on request) However, due to the nature of teaching dance sometimes it is necessary to correct dance positions physically. This is always conducted with the utmost care and professionalism.
- We reserve the right to cancel any classes anytime up to and including the date the activity starts. Should this occur we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and attempt to find an alternative or a refund of any fees will be given.
- Occasionally it is necessary to temporarily change the venue of a class, where this occurs Makers of Dance Energy will endeavour to notify pupils either by letter, word of mouth, internet or phone.
- Parents have a responsibility to notify us of any illness and injury that may affect the child’s class.
- We do not accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury arising from errors or omissions on the registration form whether completed by you or the person in charge of your child at the time of enrolment.
- We do not accept liability for death or personal injury to any child attending class, whether organised by MODE or otherwise. With the exception of such injury being caused by negligence or default of any member of our staff or any other default on our part.
- We do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss or expense due to circumstances beyond our control including, transport, fire, weather and other such actions.
- MODE is GDPR compliant. Enrolment forms will be shredded on leaving the school, database information will be archived in case you return, unless you request deletion. Your permission for consent to be contacted, film and photographs has minimal data only, required for child protection and will need to be kept complying with the current laws.
- Occasionally photographs or film may be made during class / performance for publicity. On signing the enrolment form you are giving consent, therefore please inform us before any such event if you do not want your child to be involved.
- Makers of Dance Energy will not pass on any details to a 3rd party.
- These terms and conditions, and any enrolment forms you have signed, constitute an agreement between you and us in connection to the classes or any services superseding any prior agreements.
- MODE has a zero tolerance on bullying and should any child be found to be bullying they will be asked to leave.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct details for you and your child and keep us updated of any changes to health
- In the event that we consider you to be in breech of these terms & conditions or that your child is disruptive to other students or staff, teachers or venue staff, we reserve the right to exclude your child from any activity with MODE.
- If your child misses a class a top-up class may be taken in any of our schools; this class must be taken within the current term.
- A £10 recommend a friend gift is available on the following terms: a) the friend must stay the full term b) maximum no of recommendations is 5 per term c) the credit will be applied to your next terms invoice.
- During the pandemic MODE has taken every precaution and is adhering to Government guidelines in order to protect the children and staff, should we go into localised lockdown, classes will go online with the current timetable.
- Time changes have been made to class times to allow for cleaning and reduced traffic. We reserve the right to alter these times in accordance with safety guidance and government guidance.
3.MODE has a professional risk assessment for each venue. Staff will be trained to deliver it and can be emailed to you on request.
By submitting this registration form, you will be indicating your consent to receiving e-mail marketing messages from MODE. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button.